Sunday October 21, 2012 – In the fourth installment of the “My House” series, Pastor Dwayne looks at training a child in Proverbs 22:6. He discusses that training is modeling, not disciplining.
If we want our children to be repentant, humble and peaceful then as parents we need to model it. – Pastor Dwayne Terry
Training a House
My House, Part 04
Joshua 24:15 – …as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. Training Versus Disciplining
Proverbs 22:6 – Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
- Training is modeling.
- Discipline is punishment for disobeying the training.What to Train
- Train to listen.Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Hypakouō [hoop-a koo’-oh] – to obey, to listen, the duty of a doorkeeper
Train to respect.
1 Peter 5:5 – Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older.
- Train them for the next stage of life.
- Train teens to develop plans.
- Train teens in accountability.
- Train in attitude.