Sunday Aug 17th, 2014 – God created man to worship and glorify Him. Man’s purpose is total surrender to the Lord and a life dedicated to worshiping Him. Worship means continually deepening your relationship with God on a day to day basis. It is an attitude of the heart rather than an outward action.
You’re not going to be able to figure out purpose and what you’re supposed to be doing if you’re not worshiping God, if that’s not who you are on the inside. It begins there. You have to understand God that way. – Dwayne Terry
The Purpose of Man
BYOT, Part 03
• You were planned for God’s pleasure.
Revelation 4:11b – “…you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Thelēma [they’-lay-ma] will, choice, desire, pleasure
• You were planned to glorify the worthy God and enjoy Him forever.
Revelation 4:11 – “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created
and have their being.”
- Worship is not just music or a style of music.
- Worship is not just for your benefit.
- Worship is not a part of your life—it is your life.
What Worship Is Not
What Worship Is
• Worship is an attitude of our heart.
John 4:23 – Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of
worshipers the Father seeks.
• Worship is surrender.
Romans 12:1 – Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God–this is your true and proper worship.
• Worship is developing a deeper relationship with God. James 4:8 – Come near to God and he will come near to you.