Sunday December 13, 2015 – Traditions establish your family identity and help build a legacy.
The miracle of heritage becomes the miracle of legacy. There is a covenant and we pass it down and we share it. Jesus Christ lives in our families. Its what we are and who we are, We are Christians. – Dwayne Terry
Terry Family Christmas Traditions
Traditions establish your family identity
and help build a legacy.
Here are some traditions the Terrys do. Be creative and make your own. Make memories together as a family at Christmas.
When the kids are little:
- Build a gingerbread house.
- Bake a birthday cake for Jesus.
Every year regardless of the age of the kids:
- Set a date for everyone to help decorate the Christmas Tree and the house.
- Bake a favorite Christmas goodie and give it to your neighbors.
- Plan an evening together to go view Christmas lights.
- Attend Christmas Eve service.
- Film yourself eating Christmas Eve Dinner. Reflect on your year together over the meal.
- Read the Christmas story together.
- Choose a movie trilogy or favorite TV show and binge watch it together.
- Instead of emphasizing material gifts, spend Christmas Day together playing games, putting together puzzles, etc…
- Pull out your mattresses on Christmas Day and sleep together in the same room that night.