Sunday February 3, 2013 – There is a dilema when it comes to obeying God if we try and accomplish obedience under our own power. We have to trust God and His grace. We do this by preemptively humbling ourselves so that God can work through us.
You’re not on your own. You were bought with a price and we need God’s grace to obey Him and serve Him. – Pastor Dwayne Terry
Preemptive Strike, Part 01
Genesis 1:28 – God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Exodus 20:1-3 – And God spoke all these words: 2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 3 “You shall have no other gods before me.
- God always delivers you before He requires anything. The Obedience Dilemma
- Obedience without God’s power is religion.Isaiah 64:6 – All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags…
• Obedience by God’s power is constant grace and deliverance.
Philippians 3:8-9 – What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ–the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.
Apply The Preemptive Strike Concept
- A Preemptive Strike is humbling yourself before God every day and focusing on His power to work through you.
- A Preemptive Strike makes God’s Presence our great reward every day.Genesis 15:1 – After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.”