- Your pain is often the context of winning
God’s Steps to Winning
- The first step to winning is to act differently
- The second step to winning is to think differently
- Remember that victory has already been determined
- Remember to obey God
- Remember God’s Word and its promises
- Remember that God is with us wherever we go
– Dwayne Terry
On The Road To Winning
Sunday June 04, 2017 at 10:30am
Speaker: Pastor Dwayne Terry
From the “Winning” series. Sermon 1
- Your pain is often the context of winning.
Joshua 1:1-2 ESV – After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, the LORD said to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, 2 “Moses my servant is dead…
God’s Steps to Winning
- The first step to winning is to act
Joshua 1:2b-18 ESV – Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, into the land that I am giving to them, to the people of Israel.
- The second step to winning is to think
- Remember that victory has already been determined.
Joshua 1:6 ESV – Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them.
- Remember to obey
Joshua 1:7 ESV – Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go.
- Remember God’s Word and its promises. (1 John 4:4; Luke 10:19; Romans 8:37; Philippians 4:19; Psalm 1:1-3; Psalm 27:1; 103:3; 121:8)
Joshua 1:8 ESV – This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Joshua 1:3-5 ESV – Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, just as I promised to Moses. 4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun shall be your territory. 5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.
- Remember that God is with us wherever we go.
Joshua 1:9 ESV – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
Psalms 31:24 (NKJV) – Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.