Sunday September 06, 2015 – Proverbs 14:12 (NKJV) – There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.Exodus 20:14 – You shall not commit adultery.Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriagebed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
The first thing to do to protect your marriage is to radically reduce the risk. The second thing to do is to invest passionately in your marriage. Finally, visualize the destruction.- Dwayne Terry
How NOT to Raise a Family, Part 01
Proverbs 14:12 (NKJV) – There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.
Exodus 20:14 – You shall not commit adultery.
Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
Baby Steps To Adultery
1) Enjoy common interests.
2) Share personal information.
3) Anticipate time together.
4) Hide the friendship from my spouse.
5) Flirt, with minor arousing touch.
6) Invent excuses to call or meet.
7) Deceive with words and actions.
8) Move on to physical inappropriateness.
Protecting Your Marriage
Proverbs 5:8-10 – Keep to a path far from her, do not go near the door of her house, lest you give your best strength to others and your years to one who is cruel, lest strangers feast on your wealth and your toil enrich another man’s house.
First, radically reduce the risk.
- Keep a growing relationship with Christ.
- Get accountability.
- Never be alone with opposite sex.
- Never talk about your marriage with opposite sex.
- Hang around those with strong and faithful marriages.
- Get out of inappropriate places.
Proverbs 5:18-20 – May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer—may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love. Why be captivated, my son, by an adulteress? Why embrace the bosom of another man’s wife?
Second, invest passionately in your marriage.
- Get open.
- Get alone.
- Get spiritual.
- Get help.
- Get intimate.
Finally, visualize the destruction.
Proverbs 5:3-5 – For the lips of an adulteress drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave…
- What percent actually marry the forbidden lover? 3%
- What percent of those marriages end in divorce? 75%
**Good news: even when we are unfaithful, God is faithful.**
2 Timothy 2:13 – If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.