Sunday November 18, 2012 – In the second installment of the “Missional Living” series, Pastor Dwayne looks at missional living in 2 Corinthians 5:20. He discusses that instead of our agenda to win people to the Lord, our agenda should be to love them.
Sermon audio is missing for this sermon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We need to make disciples that love Jesus so much that they are willing to live for Jesus tomorrow instead of waiting to live for Jesus after they die. – Pastor Dwayne Terry
Missional Living, 201
Missional Living, Part 02
Matthew 28:19-20 – Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Missional Living is not a ministry. It is an Incarnational lifestyle.
2 Corinthians 5:20 – We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
2 Corinthians 2:15 – For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
The goal of Missional Living goal is to influence everyone in our world to love Jesus.
Matthew 22:36-37 — “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “’Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
- The method to Missional Living is different every time. Practical Missional Living
- Instead of having an agenda to win them to the Lord, make your agenda to love them.Matthew 22:39 – And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Let the church be a resource.
1 Peter 3:15 – But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
Lead them to ask the right question.
Matthew 5:42 – Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
25 Simple Ways to be Missional in Your Neighborhood
by Josh Reeves
Stay outside in the front yard longer while watering the yard Walk your dog regularly around the same time in your neighborhood
Sit on the front porch and letting kids play in the front yard Pass out baked goods (fresh bread, cookies, brownies, etc.) Invite neighbors over for dinner
Attend and participate in HOA functions
Attend the parties invited to by neighbors
Do a food drive or coat drive in winter and get neighbors involved
Have a game night (yard games outside, or board games inside)
- Art swap night – bring out what you’re tired of and trade with neighbors
- Grow a garden and give out extra produce to neighbors
- Have an Easter egg hunt on your block and invite neighborsuse their front yards
- Start a weekly open meal night in your home
- Do a summer BBQ every Friday night and invite others tocontribute
- Create a block/ street email and phone contact list for safety
- Host a sports game watching party
- Host a coffee and dessert night
- Organize and host a ladies artistic creation night
- Organize a tasting tour on your street (everyone sets up foodand table on front porch)
- Host a movie night and discussion afterwards
- Start a walking/running group in the neighborhood
- Start hosting a play date weekly for other stay at home parents
- Organize a carpool for your neighborhood to help save gas
- Volunteer to coach a local little league sports team
- Have a front yard ice cream party in the summer