In the third installment of the “Game Plan” series, Pastors Dwayne and Derrick looks at Jesus’ teaching of laying down one’s life for another in John chapter 15. They use the passage to deal with several issues including how men are created to give their lives.
The Knight In Shining Armor
GamePlan, Week 03
Key Thought: Men, You Are Created To Give Your Life.
John 15:13-14 – Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
Ephesians 5:25 – Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her…
Give Your Life
1) Give your life with a strong love.
1 John 4:9 – This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
Is your love…
- Strong enough to be involved?
- Strong enough to be vulnerable?
- Strong enough to protect?1 Corinthians 13:7-8 – (Love) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
2) Give your life with honor.
1 Peter 3:7a – Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife…
Honor–Greek word-time (tee-may); means respect, esteem of the highest degree, value.
- Honor your wife with your words.
- Honor your wife with your affection.
- Honor your wife with your faithfulness.
3) Give your life with your pursuit.
Gen 2:24 – For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
United-Hebrew word-dabaq (daw-bak’); cling or adhere; to catch by pursuit.
1 John 3:16 – This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
God, help me to…