Sunday December 09, 2012 – In the second installment of the “The Holidays-Unwrapped” series, Pastor Dwayne teaches us the importance of embracing our weaknesses and living life in God’s power instead of our own.
The truth is you do need Jesus and you aren’t strong enough to make it through everything in life on your own. – Pastor Dwayne Terry
Unwrapped, Week 02
Luke 2:12-14 – This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14″Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.”
- Your power is limited.
- God is omnipotent.Isaiah 40:30-31 – Even youths grow tired & weary, & young men stumble & fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run & not grow weary, they will walk & not be faint.
Living In God’s Power
• You have to be weak.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses…For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Eudokeo—think well of, to delight, to embrace What weakness do you need to embrace?
2 Corinthians 12:9 – But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness
- Charis – unmerited favor, divine influence upon a heart.
- Arkeo – eliminating a barrier, sufficient, exactly enough.
- Dunamis – explosive, miraculous power.
- Teleitai – completely fulfilled.
- Astheneia – disease, infirmity, brokenness.