The decisions you make today will shape the legacy you leave
- Without vision, we lose the fear of God and engage in more undisciplined behavior
- The tolerance of undisciplined behavior is based on the clarity and conviction of your vision
- Jesus came to redeem our undisciplined behavior and give us righteousness
How To Have An Intentional Vision
- Develop a vision for yourself
- Integrate accountability into your life
- Reverse engineer your life
- Rule over every arena of life
– Dwayne Terry
An Intentional Vision
Sunday February 26, 2016 at 10:30am
Speaker: Pastor Dwayne Terry
From the “Leave A Legacy” series. Sermon 3 of 4
The decisions you make today will shape the legacy you leave.
Genesis 26:34-35 ESV – When Esau was forty years old, he took Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite to be his wife, and Basemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite… 35 and they made life bitter for Isaac and Rebekah.
- Without vision, we lose the fear of God and engage in more undisciplined behavior.
Proverbs 29:18 (NASB) – Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained.
Para [pah-rah’] – to loose, unrestrained, lawless
- The tolerance of undisciplined behavior is based on the clarity and conviction of your vision.
Genesis 36:12 ESV – Timna was a concubine of Eliphaz, Esau’s son; she bore Amalek…
Deuteronomy 25:17-19 ESV – “Remember what Amalek did to you on the way as you came out of Egypt, 18 how he attacked you on the way when you were faint and weary, and cut off your tail, those who were lagging behind you, and he did not fear God. 19 Therefore when the LORD your God has given you rest from all your enemies around you… you shall blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven; you shall not forget.
Exodus 17:16 ESV – “…The LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.”
1 Samuel 15:2-3, 8 ESV – Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. … 8 And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive
Esther 9:24 ESV – For Haman the Agagite… the enemy of all the Jews, had plotted against the Jews… to crush and to destroy them.
- Jesus came to redeem our undisciplined behavior and give us righteousness.
2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV – For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
How To Have An Intentional Vision
- Develop a vision for yourself.
Proverbs 13:22 ESV – A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children…
- Integrate accountability into your life.
James 5:16 ESV – Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
- Reverse engineer your life.
Luke 14:28 ESV – For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?
Proverbs 22:6 ESV – Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
- Rule over every arena of life.
Genesis 1:28 ESV – And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
Romans 16:20 ESV – The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.