Sunday August 26, 2012 – In the fourth installment of the “The Voice” series, Pastor Dwayne looks at being committed to worship in Psalm chapter 119. He uses the passage to deal with several issues including how to make a commitment to worship.
Do you want to be a committed worshipper? Do you want your primary purpose in life to be fulfilled? Some of you say “I don’t know what God’s will for my life is. I do. I know what God’s will for your life is… to give Him praise. Start there and see if the rest of life doesn’t start making sense. – Pastor Dwayne Terry
A Committed Worshipper
The Voice, Part 04
Make an educational commitment.
Psalm 119:7 – I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your
Make a financial commitment.
2 Samuel 24:24 – But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen and paid fifty shekels of silver for them.
Make a time commitment.
Psalm 27:4 – One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Make a physical commitment.
Psalm 27:6 – …at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
Developing A Praise Vocabulary:
1. God the Creator (Neh. 9:6).
2. The Only God (Isaiah 45:5).
3. The Almighty God (Psalm 89:8).
4. The Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6)
5. A Loving God (1 John 4:16).
6. A God of Justice (Romans 3:26).
7. The Trustworthy God (Deuteronomy 7:9).
8. A Merciful God (Nehemiah 9:31)
9. God my Refuge, my Fortress (Psalm 62:7).
10. A Longsuffering, Persevering God (2 Pet. 3:9).
11. The Only Wise God (Jude 1:25).
12. The Holy One (Revelation 4:8).
13. A Personal God (Matthew 8:11).
14. A Giving God (John 3:16)
15. The Provider God (2 Corinthians 9:7).
16. The Shepherd God (Psalm 23:1-3).
17. God my Victory (2 Corinthians 2:14).
18. God my Peace (Romans 16:20).
19. The God Who Heals (Exodus 15:26).
20. The God of All Comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3).
21. The God of Miracles (Psalm 77:14).
22. A Forgiving God (Nehemiah 9:17)
23. The Burden-Bearer (Psalm 68:19).
24. A Faithful God (Psalm 36:5; Lamentations 3:23).
25. God the Blessed and Only Ruler, King of kings and Lord of lords (1
26. God the Liberator (Psalm 70:5).
27. The Lifter of My Head (Psalm 3:3).
28. A God of Light (Psalm 27:1, Daniel 2:22).
29. A God of Joy (Psalm 21:6).
30. The God Who Answers Prayer (Isaiah 65:24). 31. The God of All the Earth (Isaiah 54:5).